The main objectives are to:
- address electrical grid access and stability issues related to the low penetration of RES in islands;
- address economic aspects, such as internal and external costs related to conventional power systems in comparison to hybrid RES-energy storage power systems;
- engage local key market actors in the implementation of RES electricity installations in remote or outlying regions;
- assess policy and legislative issues related to the distributed electricity generation;
- examine the effect of adopting a favourable pricing framework for RES electricity installations integrated with storage technologies;
- communicate and disseminate the results of the proposed action to the target groups; and
- develop a roadmap for the adoption of RES-energy storage technologies by policy makers.